Welcome to my website. I offer counselling and psychotherapy in Exeter and Teignmouth. You may need counselling if:
- You don’t feel like your normal self and you don’t know why;
- You were sexually abused or raped;
- You feel irritated, stressed, sad, resulting in conflict in your relationships;
- You are depressed, maybe even considering suicide;
- You are experiencing panic attacks or flashbacks of traumatic events;
- You feel isolated, empty;
- You feel fearful and anxious a lot of the time.
If any of the above resonate with you, you may find it useful to talk to a counsellor / psychotherapist. Research has found that the special relationship created by a trained counsellor/ psychotherapist to facilitate your inner work can result in permanent changes in your life. As a qualified psychotherapist, I can create this special relationship to help you overcome your issues. No issue is too small or too big to have a look at. My sessions last for 1 hour and cost between £40 and £45. Concessions are available. I offer two main modalities of counselling: Talking Therapy and Tai Chi Therapy. Click the appropriate links for more information.
These are some of the benefits reported by people who attended regular psychotherapy:
- Your close relationships can improve;
- You may find yourself being more spontaneous and creative;
- You may find it easier to say ‘no’ and ‘yes’ when you wish, not based on the situation and others around;
- You will know yourself better, and learn how to accept and understand yourself;
- You may become more confident and assertive, at work or at home;
- You may find more trust in yourself and your capacities.
Confidentiality is assured from the moment you make a phone call to arrange an appointment with me, following the code of ethics of the BACP (British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy). I am BACP registered.